12 January 2009

Fun Stuff

I have a tendency to flip through my blogroll (on Bloglines) very quickly. Marking the posts that I intend to come back to. Well, again I have managed to mark over 300 posts. I guess it's time to get back to some of them - don't you?????

I would love to share them all with you but I'm going to have to do that in a number of posts. Here are the ones for today just in case you missed out on them, or need a little creative inspiration.

Way back in May, 2008 Yona posted this for me. What a sweetheart, she is. I've yet to actually make one of these fabric bowl but I do thank her for taking the time!


Sandi posted this wonderful little pincushion tutorial in October, 2008.

Lisa posted this wonderful little Greetings array just before Christmas.

In September, 2008 May shared this tutorial, complete with PDF file to download for making a Stitcher's Angel sewing bag. Thanks, May.

Allie created this darling little fan ornament and shared the tutorial with us in early December, 2008. I can see so many applications for this project.

Pat just recently posted this very unique snail that she found over at Ullabenulla.


Here is another pincushion tutorial offered by Annie along with some photos of a work box and accessories that she made. These posts go back to January of last year!

Way, way back in October, 2007 Ati made and posted about a couple of Hussifs that she made.


She gives credit to Julia for the patter and tutorial. This is a Hussif that Julia made.


In November, 2008 Catherine shared a tutorial for making this amazing needle case. Also be sure to check out these fun and creative Christmas presents that she made back in October, 2007.

And who doesn't just love the look of a tea cozy? Candi makes the prettiest ones that I have seen.

You can also find them along with many other wonderful creations at her Etsy shop. She and Susan have formed a 'partnership' where you can easily find just about anything that you're looking for, for that special project.

In November, 2008 Sheila offered this fun and elegant tutorial for making a chandelier ornament. Also, in case you didn't know, she has moved her blog. You can find her HERE.

During the summer of 2008, our own Princess Mindy purchased a home. How very cool! And she is thrilled. She has even managed to take the 'tasks' of home-ownership in stride. She also got a new furbaby. Isn't she just too cute? Congrats to you, Mindy!


Another of my new favorite blogs to keep track of is Cheryl's. In December, 2008 she shared with us a Show and Tell Party. I just love this pink poodle. Oh, and look at these yummy cookies!


Going again, back to October, 2007 we find a doll face tutorial offered by Linda. These were faces she made for her Comfort Dolls, which is a project still going strong. A special THANK YOU shout out to Pat for her on-going efforts and involvement - 36 dozen dolls later!


I think I'll wrap up my recap today with another, just adorable pincushion offered to us by Cathie.


I didn't find this pattern on-line as a Free pattern but I did find it very reasonably priced at The Calico Cat. In fact there are lots, and lots of really unique pincushion patterns there.

But for those of you just looking for some fun FREEBIES....here are a couple of great links and places to look.

Garden Web pincushion forum and links: (Please note that I have made them linkable but I have not checked them out. I leave that up to you but if you find one not working, please let me know so that I can remove it.)

1. Chicken.
2. Rooster.
3. Patchwork.
4. Wool.
5. Heart.
6. Star.
7. Pincushion Gallery and Tutorials.
8. Flower.
9. A Site with a ton of pincushion pattern links.
10. Small pincushion tutorial.
11. Wrist.
12. Square.
13. Round.
14. Pincushion with thread holder.
15. Simple.
16. Felt Rosebud.
17. Strawberry.
18. Acorn.
19. Mouse.
20. Several pincushion patterns.

Also try these sites:

Isn't this Tea Cup pincushion pretty? I actually have these little embellishments. They are buttons and come in a complete set.

Tipnut offers links to 45 more pincushions! (Some of these will be duplicates already listed). You can also find a fun embroidery Teacup setting pattern link there.

And here is another cute mouse pincushion compliments of All About You.

Lastly, here are a couple of really helpful "Tips and Tricks" blogs for anyone wanting to tweak out their blog, find widgets, etc.: Blogging Basics 101 and BlogU.

Thanks for joining me today. I hope you find some inspiration and also some time to create something!

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!

7 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

What a wonderful list! Thank you so much for sharing.

And that is my gingerbean!! I first saw the pic and thought you had gotten a Corgi!! lol

Gerry said...

You're very welcome. And thanks for being my biggest fan today. LOL.

Cat said...

So cool to see so many posts!
Hi to you and DH and Fritz.

Unknown said...

Oh, My computer was out of commission for a week and I have over 500 blog posts I've been getting caught up, LOL! I'm down to 270 now, LOL! Thanks for sharing the lovely blogs!

Gerry said...

I'm always surprised how much really neat stuff is out there. I love blogs!

TC, sorry to hear you were out of commission for awhile. And I understand trying to get caught up. Good luck.

Doda said...

Some cool links here- thanks

Gerry said...

You're welcome, Doda. I'm hoping to get a second bunch up soon.