18 January 2009

Spiders and Webs II RR

These are photos of the block I pieced for the Spiders and Webs II Round Robin that I'm participating in for CQI. This block is 14" square and will also have an outside border when it's finished.

I'm still trying to decide what laces and/or motifs to add to it before it goes out. I've pulled out some black lace to attach around the spider but that's as far as I've gotten with it.



I'm so glad that I've finally gotten an opportunity to use this fabric. When I first got it I just loved it but couldn't for the life of me figure out when I would have a use for it.



I'm not sure if I'll attach it before the block goes out or not. What do you think? Well, I'm off to tinker with it and to work on my RR booklets.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


4 comments:

Judy S. said...

Hi Gerry, I like the roses background! Is that spider web fabric kind of sparkly and sheer? A similar piece appeared at our quilt group and someone snatched it up! That's a fun block, and very realistic spidey. Eek!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

I think that you are just too damned talented!

Anonymous said...

I love how even the piecing seems to be a spiderweb. I'd put the border on now because it might help guide some color choices with the stitchers.

Gerry said...

Hi Ladies! Thanks for your kind words. This is the very first block EVER that I have actually drawn out before piecing it.

Judy, the fabric is really shiny but is dense and stretchy.

Oh Mindy, you make my day!

Susan, thanks for pointing out the 'web' look. I guess I just got lucky.