13 January 2009

In Our Neck of the Woods

Hi there, me again. LOL.

I know that some of you are probably just beside yourselves trying to comprehend all of the posting that I'm doing. Well, I'm coming to realize that I need to make better use of my time AND today I have some time!

So, with that said.....Saturday was my darling companion Fritz's 9th birthday. Good grief, how time flies. And even though I didn't dress him up in a party suit or buy balloons, we did celebrate. I made Eggs Benedict for breakfast and Fritz graciously allowed DH and I to share with him.

While I was making breakfast Fritz was enjoying the sights outside. The geese seem to fascinate him. I think he especially enjoys watching them slip and slide around on the pond, well ice actually.Of course, when the foxes trotted into view he lost all interest in the geese. DH and I were very surprised to see the pair today. She is so much smaller, and also a bit more shy.In the afternoon we took Fritz for a walk at a nearby lake. This was our first time there and the view was just spectacular. Truly gorgeous!I love the parks and common areas here. There is so many artistic features to enjoy.Surprise, surprise, I actually remembered my camera and while DH was trying to keep up with Fritz I got, guess what???? more photos of the geese on the ice. I don't know this fascinates me so much - it just does. Maybe because there are so many geese..Maybe it's because the water actually freezes solid. Look at this, it's a lake. And a big one at that!After leaving the lake we stopped at DQ for a Blizzard treat. Fritz and I shared one. Then it was home for a little nap before dinner.Ahhhhhh, the life of a dog. Must be tough! I think he enjoyed his birthday, don't you? In fact, he was still napping at my feet the next morning! LOL.

Until Next time...Happy Needling!!!


9 comments:

ZONE F DG TEAM said...

Happy Birthday Fritz!!!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh course he enjoyed his birthday! I would have if I was him!

Sara said...

Fritz, what a great birthday you had! Hope you have many more!!!

Linda Fleming said...

Happy Birthday, Fritz! It's good to see someone else who is as goofy about their dog as I am. The photos of the geese of the frozen lake are great. It's like they are looking for the lake that they know is under all that ice.

What a beautiful area! You must love being able to look out your windows and see amazing wildlife like the fox.

Gerry said...

Fritz says, "thank you" Carol. Well not really but only because he can't read.

I'm with you Sara and wishing for many more. Thanks!

Isn't that the truth, Mindy? I think he has better that we do sometimes. But maybe not....he eats dog food most of the time.

Hi Linda. Goofy is a good description. LOL. Who's training who? It is wonderful seeing the wildlife. That's getting to be so rare everywhere anymore.

Cat said...

Happy Birthday Fritz!!

That looks like the best doggie birthday ever!!!

Gerry said...

Fritz has it better than we do most of the time. LOL.

Rose Anne B said...

I LOVE your photos and story line! Enjoyed it probably as much as you and your family!!! Thank you.

Gerry said...

Hi Rose Anne. I'm glad you liked the story. Thanks for stopping by.