05 July 2007

Almost Done...amended

Well, today was productive too. I'm just about finished embellishing the first cell phone pouch block. I chose this one to start with because it was sort of an ugly duckling. But look how pretty it is now. I like when that happens. LOL.

Of course there are a few things that I'm not totally happy with, like the spider web and I guess the spider too. I don't know if I'll learn from my mistakes or rip it out. Probably the former. It's one of those things that works one day and doesn't the next. Oh well, now is not the time for a critique!



Thanks for all of the comments about the spider web and spider. I guess it's staying. Besides, I hate to rip out stitches.

I probably won't get too much stitching done tomorrow as my DS leaves for a 6 week summer trip. Tonight we're taking him for sushi. YUM, YUM! I guess I better go get cleaned up.

So, until next time....
Happy Needling!

10 comments:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Don't rip it out...I like it!

Enjoy your supper!! That is a long time to be away!

Jo in NZ said...

Gerry your web, and spider look great! No frogging...OK?

Charlene ♥ NC said...

You're the worst critic, 'cause I think that is a pretty block (not ugly duckling) and the web looks good, too. It's just a young, green spider - and the pink stitch on that seam looks like a spiderette, too. That tiny black lace is adorable, the tiny charms are so cute, and of course stars are my fav!! You go, production girl!

Hey, my son and I had sushi today, too! Hope yours was as good!

Cat said...

It's not an ugly duckling now, it's great!

Don't you dare rip out! Laughing - I don't undo I just add more to hide what I don't like!

Gerry said...

Too funny, all of you "no...don't do it!" (VBG) Okay, the web stays! Thanks for your kind words. Obviously, you've all been there too. LOL.

Courtney Short said...

a cell phone pocket is a great idea.. and I love your choice of fabrics :-)

Susan said...

Don't rip it out! I love the spider. The web looks fine.

Rissa said...

Go Gerry...I love it!

Gerry said...

Now the challenge is to actually complete the pouch! LOL. Thanks, ladies.

JK said...

Gerry, what is wrong with that spider thread? I love it! Looks like the real thing if you ask me. This pouch is beautiful, and there is a lot of hard work on there. So enjoy!