13 July 2007

Friday the 13th - Blog Day

Okay, I hadn't planned on blogging until tomorrow but I just couldn't resist since it's Friday the 13th. So here goes...





Potato Plant update: Well, it's been about 7 weeks since we started our potato plant experiment. And we've had a bit of a time keeping the bugs off of it but it's still growing, it's been repotted, it's looking healthy and it just might give a small potato at some point in time.







The Back Garden: Despite all of the rain that we had for almost 2 weeks, a total of over 8 inches in just one week, I think our foliage is looking pretty good. I swear trying to grow anything here is a lesson in futility. If it doesn't drown or get beaten up by pouring, pelting rains, and wind doesn't rip it out of the ground, and the heat and humidity doesn't burn it out, and if the bugs don't eat it all, and if the fungus doesn't cause it to rot...then you just might have a garden.

Today, as I was looking out at my back corner beds, I feel very grateful that the plants have (so far) survived and seem to be thriving. And wouldn't you know, all 6 Hibiscus are between blooms. Geeeezzzzz!!!!!







Empty-Nesting it 'til August: DH and I were pretty much lost with our DS for the first few days. It's seems so odd for the house to be so quiet, without the usual hustle and bustle, and 'schedule' for meals, curfews, etc. Now, we're looking at it as a temporary new found freedom. And although we miss him terribly, the break for us might be just as good as the break for him.

So, we've gone out to eat a few times, we've played scrabble and cribbage, we've rented movies and stayed up late (oh no!), we've slept in late a few days, and we've even taken our totally leash-impaired furbabies for walks.

We even went shopping the other day. It's true! Grocery store, book store, "THE MALL" (oh yeah, it really happened). And to mark the occasion, I just had to have these really, totally cool, go great with my cell phone pouch sandals. Don't you just love them? I DO, I DO, I DO!!!!

They are a black satiny top with rhinestones, beads, fancy fabrics, embroidery, with this awesome lime green trim around the front and toe and gold rope trim toward the back. They have a very soft leather lining and sole. And they are soooo comfortable with a squishy sort of wedgey bottom.



Oh, what did DH get? Socks of course. But no socks for me. All I need is my nail polish and sandals. LOL.

Today, we went together for hair cuts. I got mine thinned out a little more, and he got his ears majorly lowered. LOL. Then he went to buy fertilizer and I went to Sally's and bought more nail polish and a really RED (flame)dye for my hair. I'm dying it this weekend and I'll post a new photo on my profile at the first of the week. It's just time for a change.



And finally (tying in with change), I've been going to the gym with DH since DS left. We've gone 5 out of 6 days. I'm so pathetically out of shape, 25 pounds over weight, and I removed exercise from my vocabulary a decade ago. Needless to say, I'm getting the butt whooping of my life! We ride our bikes 4 miles round trip, including crossing an over-pass each way (that part really sucks), we work out at 8 different weight machines, then come home shower and collapse. Now, doesn't that sound like fun? On a serious note, I feel better. I really do. I plan to keep at it.







Visitors & Comments: I just wanted to take a moment to acknowledge all of you who have taken the time to visit my blog, read my posts, and leave your comments. It is very much appreciated. I really do my best to try and respond to each one personally. If I have missed anyone, please know that it is purely accidental. I am very flattered that you would take the time out of your day and share it with me.

So with that said, HAVE A HAPPY FRIDAY THE 13th, and a wonderful rest of the weekend!

4 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Your potato plant is growing like a weed... oh, no, that's only a figure of speech ;-)

Oh, I love the hummingbird bush. It reminds me of honeysuckle, but in bush form. Have to look for one of those. Is the purple grass lilirope?

It's good for y'all to get to practice empty nest - how to spend good times together. Love the sandals! Yes, they totally match your little purse!

Congrats on the exercise regime - it can be tough, but it becomes a habit just like any other. You'll feel better and better!

Flame red, ey? Can't wait to see!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

The plants are all beautiful!!

But I must say, I am totally lusting over the footwear and the cellphone carrier.

Gerry said...

Well, I still love the sandals. They are comfy. The potato plant continues to grow, and the hair is exactly what I wanted! I'll be posting soon :-)

JK said...

Ooo those sandals are so pretty! I love those, but have a hard time with the thingy between the toey. I envy you being able to ride your bike and get on those machines. Doc told me those days are no more. I have put on about 15 lbs. and it is driving me crazy!! She told me that I just need to accept the fact that I have 15 lbs on me that I didn't have before. What a crock!

Also, again, your blog is the most beautiful blog I have seen. I know I have told you that before, but it just is such a nice place to visit. I still haven't done anything with mine, and scared to death if I try it will go the way of the do-do bird :(