17 July 2007

A Calgon Kind of Day

Today turned out to be exactly that...A Calgon kind of day. Which for me, means a lazy day. Nothing urgent or pressing. This is where I was just a little while ago. And yes, it was as relaxing as it looks. Water warm but not hot, jets turned on low, a good book, and lots of quiet. It's the kind of 'me' time that is too seldom enjoyed.





Yesterday we celebrated our 8th anniversary. And it was a lovely day. Weather, company, adventures. We took the day off from the gym, slept late, read the paper and had our coffee on the back patio. Later in the day we ended up at the mall where we found these two wonderful little baubles. They are both a mix of yellow, white, and rose gold. I was so happy to find exactly what I was looking for. And DH was glad that we found them quickly! LOL. And before we knew it we were on our way to have a cocktail or two before dinner.



We stopped into TGI Friday's for happy hour and had the best Long Island Ice Tea I have ever had. We opted for Italian food for dinner which took us to Corelli's. We usually ask for the Wine Room but alas, it's only open on the weekend. They did however find us a very nice little corner booth.

We ordered our favorite wine, Ruffino Chianti (1999) and bruschetta for our appetizer. And as always, dinner was just scrumptious. We both had minestrone soup and caesar salad to start. Their minestrone is to die for! And as we also usually do, we each ordered something different for our main course. It's always so much fun to sample what 'the other guy' orders. LOL. Anyway, I had the shrimp tortellini, and DH had the grilled mahi-mahi.

The dinner conversation was both fun and interesting, and best of all ADULT conversation. Before we knew it, it was late and we were stuffed. No matter, though. There was no way we were leaving without dessert. We opted for one tiramisu and one walnut butter cream cake and 2 cappuccinos.

Needless to say that the gym was an absolute necessity this morning. For all of those calories we'll need to work our butts off for the next month (or more). I'm sure it will be worth every grunt and groan! LOL.



We didn't just goof off all day yesterday, though. DH managed to mow the lawns, and I managed to finish working on Nancy's Fairy Tale RR Block. The trim pieces were already on the block but I did the seam treatments, and embellishments shown. And no, I didn't stitch that darling little mouse. I wish I could remember who did.





The block is now packaged up and ready to send off to her in the morning. My 2
blocks are still out there somewhere and I'm really looking forward to having them home soon.



Well, we've had our daily rain storm, including a power outage, the dogs have gotten soaked and dirty playing in the beds, and dinner is in the oven. It must be time to settle down for the night. I've got some stitching to finish up and a movie to watch. So, until next time. Thanks for joining me.

9 comments:

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Sounds like a perfect kind of day! I love both your pendants! The bath looks devine, but I'm a shower kind of gal. OH, I went looking for that avatar of the redhead with glasses the other day, and she was gone. I notice she's back - are you looking like her now? Glad y'all had a great time celebrating - you deserve it! The stitching is nice, too.

loulee said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day. Your pendants look very pretty, especially the dragonfly! I'm a sucker for those.

Susan said...

Sounds like a great day. The one thing I miss the most from my house is my tub. It was really deep with a sloping back, and the jets. I would often sit in there with a good book for a couple of hours - some bubbles, too. Sigh. Great for tired and aching muscles!

Your anniversary - I saved the message about it so I could send a greeting, and I forgot! Please accept my late greetings. I'm glad you had a wonderful day!

Gerry said...

Thank you so much for your kind words. I'm pretty much a shower kind a gal, too but there are times....

My favorite is also the dragonfly because it's so unique. But the flip-flop is more my style. LOL.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Oh sounds like a wonderful day! I am so happy for you.

But you have to know, I am lusting after your bathtub!

Ati said...

That sounds realy good, the celebration day! Reading what you ate brought water in my mouth,mmmmmmm
Beautiful pendants too ! your DH must love you very much!!
Glad you both have had a nice day.
Nancy block looks lovely, she should be very happy with it.

Sara said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful 8th anniversary. Congratulations!!!

Cat said...

Happy Anniversary! And cheers to a terrific day.

JK said...

Oh wow hon, your anniversary sounded wonderful! You have been married a year longer then hubby and I. Cept I didn't go out to dinner, didn't get baubles, and didn't get a chance to read the paper. I want a divorce!! ;)

The block is adorable! Great work hon, and wished I could have joined in on this one.