To my little corner of the world where there is no limit to creativity. Where possibilities are endless. Where life happens and is embraced. And where a sense of humor is a must!

Sewing Southpaw...

Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


PET STORE PUPPIES AND INTERNET PUPPIES ARE PUPPY MILL PUPPIES.

NEVER BUY A PUPPY FROM A PET STORE OR FROM THE INTERNET...

STOP THE CRUELTY. DON'T SHOP - ADOPT!




NMDR Website

Colorado Miniature Schnauzer Rescue

Miniature Schnauzer Vintage Dog Rescue




Translators:
OR:



This is my son - all grown up.
I'm so very proud of him!
But I wish he would call
just a little more often :-)
Hugs, Mom

Fritz Von Woofshmidt
01/10/2000 - 01/04/2014



Fritz (aka Boo)
The very bestest doggy ever!


Visit My Shoppes

SSCandQ
  • Etsy
  • Ebay
  • PayPal
  • Email Me


  • Eye Candy Links
    My Photos At

    flickr

    www.flickr.com
    Hookstragang's My Own Creations photosetHookstragang's My Own Creations photoset






    In Loving Memory of
    Bella Donna


    In the short time that we had together your unconditional love filled our lives with happiness, and our hearts with joy.

    Your passing leaves us forever changed.

    Rest in peace my sweet, darling, little girl.

    July 5, 2006
    to
    October 19, 2007


    Legal Guide
    For Bloggers

    Free Web Site Graphics:



    Leather To Lace




    for visiting my blog





    Powered by Blogger

     





    “The most potent muse of all is our own inner child.”
    Stephen Nachmanovitch

    My Photo
    Name:
    Location: Colorado, United States



    I'm a wife, a mom, a dog lover, a complete lefty, a true scorpio, and I'm on a creative journey. I welcome you to join me.



    Sewing Southpaw...

    Is the place where I share my creativity, my hobbies, and other stuff!


    27 August 2007

    Stitching and School Starts

    CELL PHONE POUCHES



    I took yesterday 'off' to stitch. I managed to get another cell phone pouch (front piece) worked. I now have four of them to line, add straps, etc.

    BACK TO SCHOOL

    DS returned to school this morning. WOW, my baby is a junior in high school. Where did the time go? I still look at him and see him trying to learn to ride a bicycle. With DH running next to him, needing to let him go, yet staying close just in case.

    This past year has brought so much maturity in him, and so many changes. It seems that he's always grabbing his car keys, giving me a hug, and heading out the door. He's got a girlfriend....need I say more?!!?!?!!?

    This year presents new challenges for him. He will have calculus and chemistry, in addition to his core classes, and his engineering. I think he's up for it. I hope that DH and I are. LOL.

    I do take comfort in knowing that some things haven't changed. Unfortunately, those are things that really, really need to. He still doesn't wake up to his own alarm, he still doesn't make his own lunch, and he is running right on time...with NO TIME to spare.

    Oh well, it's only the first day. And I didn't cry when he drove out of the driveway! So, MOMs here's hoping that your first day back to school wasn't too heart-breaking!


    'Til next time - Happy Needling!!


    Labels: , , , , , ,

    6 Comments:

    Blogger loulee1 said...

    They grow fast don't they? Mine is 19 now, and I still have to remind her to do things.......

    August 27, 2007 at 7:50 AM  
    Blogger loulee1 said...

    I forgot to say how pretty your pouch is.

    August 27, 2007 at 1:29 PM  
    Blogger Cat said...

    The cell phone pouch is such a nice size for a small project! It is gorgeous too!

    I'm the last survivor without a cell phone.

    My youngest son is a Senior this year! Letting go... and watching him grow...

    August 28, 2007 at 6:05 PM  
    Blogger Charlene said...

    Don't get too teary eyed yet, Moms! Your dear ones will probably be different, but mine graduated HS in 1999, served almost two years (my teariest time) in the Army, attended college 'a few' times, and is now back at home with me so he can be back in college for a computer networking major. I truly hope this is the one that he can settle on for his career path.

    August 29, 2007 at 11:00 AM  
    Blogger Gerry said...

    The pouch is super easy to make. Which is my kind of project! LOL.

    And with the 'kids', it's so nice to know that I'm just going through a "MOM" thing!

    Keeping fingers crossed :-)

    August 30, 2007 at 7:21 AM  
    Blogger Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

    The pouches are awesome!

    And my BABY is in high school! AND taller than I am!

    August 30, 2007 at 7:41 AM  

    Post a Comment

    Links to this post:

    Create a Link

    << Home