30 August 2007

Fairy Tale RR Block


As I draft this post I find myself looking at the clock. For some reason time just seems to be passing so quickly lately. More probably, I'm just not making efficient use of my time. So, I'm toying with the idea of making myself a schedule (of sorts) to help me stay on task. Primarily, that means limiting my time on the computer. Or heaven forbid, stop making so many commitments to projects.

Anyway, I got one of my Fairy Tale RR (Round Robin) blocks back the other day. It's the 'Bad Daughter' block from the story, Diamond and Toads. I'm very happy with the way it turned out. As you may know, I'm an 'encruster' so I was tickled to see it SOOOOO fully embellished. Especially, since we had 2 members in this particular set who couldn't see the RR through to completion.

My thanks go out to all of the ladies from CQN who took such care, thought, and effort in making it special:
Nancy (who hosted the RR) in Kansas, Siw in Norway, Lori in Connecticut, Faith in Maryland, Rebecca in Texas, and Lauri in Colorado.

I'm hoping to have my other block, the 'Good Daughter' returned soon.

And this is where my mini rant starts...

This was my first RR and I didn't really know what to expect. Sadly though, this was not it. Nearly from the beginning this RR got somewhat out of kilter and there was much confusion and delay. In fact, I'm still waiting on several blocks from 2 different RR sets. And I haven't had a block to work on in I don't know how long. At this point is quite disappointing. And still unclear as to where the blocks are.

And I do realize that when 'life happens' and there are things beyond our control that prevent us from doing what we would like to or need to, patience and understanding are necessary. And I must also and honestly admit that I was not too patient or understanding at times. But I got - well - angry because those who were struggling, dropping out, and getting backed up didn't stand up to the plate and say anything.

Please know that I'm voicing only my opinion. I'm venting, and shedding some of my frustration. I'm not pointing fingers at or directing this toward any particular individual. It's not personal!

Okay, rant over! I guess I better go get some more coffee, I'm sure that will help. LOL.

'Til Next time...Happy Needling!


3 comments:

Lauri said...

Gerry
As you know I feel your pain. I agree completely. I mean geeeezz, couldn't they at least drop them in one big envelope and send to Nancy? It shouldn't take 5 months to figure out you're behind.Just my 2 cents worth
I think your block turned out great by the way. I was the first one to work on it and wasn't sure how much to add
Lauri

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I understand totally, and am really sorry that it continues to happen, especially on your first.

Gerry said...

Thanks for the sympathy...Better luck next time, I guess :-)