14 August 2007

Just Catching Up...

Good grief, I go away for the weekend and it's really tough to get back on track. But I'm going to try.

DH took me on a little long weekend retreat to the Texas "Hill Country" this past weekend. Partly to celebrate my One Year BlogAversary (yesterday) and partly for fun. We were able to visit with some very dear friends who have been making a go of trying to get settled for some time now. From what I could tell, they're doing just fine.

While we were there I stole some time out to work on another cell phone pouch, and actually managed to finish it up. Well, the needlework anyway. I'm probably going to have to put a charm or two or something else on it. I just don't seem to know when to call it quits. But I think it's looking pretty good right now. As some of you know, I'm not really a "blue" fan. I don't even eat bleu cheese.



I have completed a swap with Katrien from the Chains of Hearts (COH) group. I sent her the 'garden' themed heart. And in return, I received this lovely yellow, oh so 'spring like' heart from her. It's really a very nice piece.



Oh gosh, I forgot to post this. Katrien also very generously included these goodies with her swap heart. Along with a little personal information.


She and I are also in the CQN group together. Anyway, thank you, Katrien! (See her flickr photos here). Speaking of which....I'm starting to receive blocks for the swap I'm hosting. They are looking soooooooo GOOD! There is just so much talent and creativity out there. In the next couple of days I will be posting the names and website information of the participants. That way you can keep track of our progress, should you want to do that.

I'll also be posting some photos of our trip to Austin and sharing with you some of the really cool and fun things that we did. Until then, Happy Needling!


11 comments:

Susan said...

Oh, I love the hearts - both of them are very springy! The cellphone pouch fits right in there, too. I'm glad you had a great time in Austin. It's quite a city, and I'd like to spend some time there - some winter. =)

loulee said...

Oh! Your blue pouch is pretty, I love it. The hearts are lovely too.

Candi said...

The hearts are beautiful Gerry. I never thought yellow would be a choice I'd make but now I definitely would! It's gorgeous!
HUGZ:)
Candi

Gerry said...

Thank you, all. It's been fun working on a variety of things lately.

Getting away for the weekend doesn't hurt either. LOL.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Glad y'all had a good time, and that you were able to get away for some stitching! Beautiful work, as usual - and you don't overdo, you just do till you're finished ;-). Another busy week here, but at least it's in the daylight hours!

Anonymous said...

I love the yellow heart, and your phone pouch is great! Lovely job!

Gerry said...

Thank you :-)

Here's hoping you will get some down time soon too, Charlene!

Frederique, it's wonderful to hear from you. I hope all is well.

The Lone Beader® said...

That little yellow heart is so cute:)

Linda Fleming said...

Is the heart with the birdhouses your work? That one really caught my eye- it is lovely. And the yellow is quite pretty, too. I so admire you fabric artists.

Gerry said...

Katrien does some lovely needlework.

And thank you. Yes, the birdhouse block is mine.

Courtney Short said...

love the pouch! I have to try one myself now! I have had a few pieced for a while.. but seeing more of yours again has gotten me "in gear" :-)