03 August 2007

Comfort Doll 2

Here is the second installment of my comfort doll making adventure for Pat's project. I made the pattern, so maybe some tweeking is in order. And I guess the out come of the doll depends on 'state of mind' at the time of creation. You can probably tell from this doll that I was having a slightly unusual creative day. LOL. In fact, I stitched her while waiting the outcome of jury selection. HMMMMMM.



Oh well, I believe that if you have love in your heart that you are able to find beauty in all things. And I think she's lovely, albeit unusual. And I have no doubts that she will find someone to love her. It's not her fault that she doesn't photograph well. LOL.

And for those of you who might not know what I'm talking about, you can find more information here at Pat's Comfort Doll Project post. And see photos of other dolls here at the Flickr photo pool.

This is an on-going project so you still have time to decide. If you DO decided to make a doll and send it to Pat, this is the link to her mailing address.

Well, time to do the 'domestic goddess' thing (aka housework). 'Till next time....Happy Needling!

11 comments:

Cat said...

I think she is just lovely too! I especially like the crazy quilt look of course. You could call here a crazy lady doll.

I will follow the link and see what all you are doing here!

Have a great weekend, Cat

Susan said...

I love your doll! You've made two while I'm still putting off tackling something different from my comfort zone. I did find a dotee doll tutorial, though, and I think I can handle that one!

Charlene ♥ NC said...

I think she's very pretty! It will be loved by someone special. She's warm and special.

Gerry said...

Thank you, Cat, Susan, and Charlene. I knew that you all would be able to find the beauty!

Ati said...

Gerry they are lovely!

Susan Tuttle said...

Hi Gerry,
What a beautiful comfort doll--so soft-looking and lovely!

Here's to Southpaws!!

Thanks for the comment on my blog--I reworked the piece quite a bit today--it just didn't feel finished. If you get a chance, check out the new version on my blog and tell me which one you like better.

I hope you have a great start to the week.

Susan

Veleta (Sammy) said...

Ohhh I love your comfort dolls! Great forms! No twinking needed!

Gerry said...

WOW, such kind words from such talented artists. I'm flattered! I really do appreciate you taking the time. Thank you.

Maddie Can Fly said...

I think she photographs just fine. I love the fibers you've used on her.

One Crabapple said...

Wonderful Doll !

Love those little fibers - THE COLORS of your Doll and all the wonderful embellishments !

Of course this will comfort !

So glad to be a part of this with You.

Love, S.

Gerry said...

I was really worried about the fibers/fuzzies. I might just use them again! Thank you.