27 August 2007

Stitching and School Starts

CELL PHONE POUCHES



I took yesterday 'off' to stitch. I managed to get another cell phone pouch (front piece) worked. I now have four of them to line, add straps, etc.

BACK TO SCHOOL

DS returned to school this morning. WOW, my baby is a junior in high school. Where did the time go? I still look at him and see him trying to learn to ride a bicycle. With DH running next to him, needing to let him go, yet staying close just in case.

This past year has brought so much maturity in him, and so many changes. It seems that he's always grabbing his car keys, giving me a hug, and heading out the door. He's got a girlfriend....need I say more?!!?!?!!?

This year presents new challenges for him. He will have calculus and chemistry, in addition to his core classes, and his engineering. I think he's up for it. I hope that DH and I are. LOL.

I do take comfort in knowing that some things haven't changed. Unfortunately, those are things that really, really need to. He still doesn't wake up to his own alarm, he still doesn't make his own lunch, and he is running right on time...with NO TIME to spare.

Oh well, it's only the first day. And I didn't cry when he drove out of the driveway! So, MOMs here's hoping that your first day back to school wasn't too heart-breaking!


'Til next time - Happy Needling!!


6 comments:

loulee said...

They grow fast don't they? Mine is 19 now, and I still have to remind her to do things.......

loulee said...

I forgot to say how pretty your pouch is.

Cat said...

The cell phone pouch is such a nice size for a small project! It is gorgeous too!

I'm the last survivor without a cell phone.

My youngest son is a Senior this year! Letting go... and watching him grow...

Charlene ♥ NC said...

Don't get too teary eyed yet, Moms! Your dear ones will probably be different, but mine graduated HS in 1999, served almost two years (my teariest time) in the Army, attended college 'a few' times, and is now back at home with me so he can be back in college for a computer networking major. I truly hope this is the one that he can settle on for his career path.

Gerry said...

The pouch is super easy to make. Which is my kind of project! LOL.

And with the 'kids', it's so nice to know that I'm just going through a "MOM" thing!

Keeping fingers crossed :-)

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

The pouches are awesome!

And my BABY is in high school! AND taller than I am!